Unable to reference mapped network drive

The Pulse Support forums are here so that you can ask questions or leave comments related to pulse. They are watched by Zutubi staff who will endeavour to answer your questions promptly.

Unable to reference mapped network drive

Postby dludwig on Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:58 pm

I am test driving Pulse for the first time. I created a custom command that runs a batch file. My batch file references a network drive that is mapped to a drive letter. Each time I manually trigger the build though, the log reports that the file I am looking for on the network drive is not found.

This tool works fine at the command line.

I also tried altering the service so that it logs in as my AD user - no effect.

Any ideas? Thanks.
dludwig

Re: Unable to reference mapped network drive

Postby jason.sankey on Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:13 am

Hi,

Thanks for trying Pulse! I think the problem is network mappings are tied to login sessions, so even when the service is running as the same user it won't see a drive mapped in your session. Possible solutions are:

1) Use the UNC path \\server\rest\of\path directly instead in your batch file. This is the simplest solution if UNC paths work in your context.
2) Have the build itself map the network drive, maybe by running net use in your batch file (e.g. net use z: \\server\path).
3) Make a symbolic link to the UNC path. This will persist for all users, so as long as the user running the service has permission it can reference the link.

See: http://superuser.com/questions/650025/h ... ws-service for a couple of examples and links to more discussions.

Hope that helps,
Jason
jason.sankey

Return to Pulse Support