Displaying Pulse dashboard on intranet page

The Pulse Support forums are here so that you can ask questions or leave comments related to pulse. They are watched by Zutubi staff who will endeavour to answer your questions promptly.

Displaying Pulse dashboard on intranet page

Postby scoobydoo on Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:14 am

Hi,

I have an intranet that i would like to show the Pulse dashboard on. My intranet page html simply has a link to the Pulse server
like so: <li><a href="http://buildserver:8080">Pulse</a></li>

The issue is that the Pulse system is running on a different server to that of the intranet, so i'm seeing a cross domain issue
( No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin... ) etc when trying to display the Pulse
dashboard.

I understand that i should be able to simply place something like;

<IfModule mod_headers.c>
Header add Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
</IfModule>

In a .htaccess file to resolve the issue. Do you know if this would work and if so where would i place that .htaccess file?

Thanks.
scoobydoo

Re: Displaying Pulse dashboard on intranet page

Postby jason.sankey on Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:11 am

Hi,

There is no direct way to configure Pulse to serve up extra HTTP headers in its responses. You could add a proxy in front of Pulse that adds the header, though, using htaccess (or a Header directive with, e.g. Apache). For some information about running Pulse behind Apache see:

http://confluence.zutubi.com/display/pu ... cess+pulse

(Note that it was written some time ago, please let me know if you find anything out of date.)

Cheers,
Jason
jason.sankey

Re: Displaying Pulse dashboard on intranet page

Postby scoobydoo on Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:33 am

Thanks Jason. I'd though about doing the whole proxy setup, but i opted to just move the the Pulse master on my Linux server that contained the other web related pages and have a Windows slave.
scoobydoo

Return to Pulse Support