Post build hook tagging

The Pulse Support forums are here so that you can ask questions or leave comments related to pulse. They are watched by Zutubi staff who will endeavour to answer your questions promptly.

Post build hook tagging

Postby scoobydoo on Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:22 am

I'm using the post build hook to tag the last successful build and it's working well. Is there a way to also tag the project dependencies?

For example i build project A which has dependencies Project B & C. When Project A builds OK i want to tag Project A, B & C with a version number
scoobydoo

Re: Post build hook tagging

Postby jason.sankey on Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:50 am

Hi,

Firstly I apologise for the slow response. Notifications from the forums are broken so I missed recent posts.

There is no built in way to tag the dependencies at the moment. You would instead need to switch to a run executable task and use a script (which in turn would need to know the dependencies, unless you fetched them via the remote API).

Cheers,
Jason
jason.sankey

Postby scoobydoo on Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:44 pm

jason.sankey wrote:Hi,

Firstly I apologise for the slow response. Notifications from the forums are broken so I missed recent posts.

There is no built in way to tag the dependencies at the moment. You would instead need to switch to a run executable task and use a script (which in turn would need to know the dependencies, unless you fetched them via the remote API).

Cheers,
Jason

Thanks Jason. Am i able to pass the dependencies via the post build hook as an argument to an executable?
scoobydoo

Postby jason.sankey on Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:59 am

The dependencies are not exposed via a property, so you would have to explicitly pass them in your hook configuration (and keep them up to date if they change). A more robust, though complicated, way to do it would be to fetch the dependencies using RemoteApi.getConfig:

http://confluence.zutubi.com/display/pu ... .getConfig

looking up projects/<name>/dependencies. We could probably add a property for upstream dependencies in future.

Cheers,
Jason
jason.sankey

Return to Pulse Support